Madeira Wind Birds
Call or email us for all you bookings...
Phone: (+351) 917777441 Email: [email protected]
Madeira Full Day Birdwatching
Unfold the West of Madeira amazing sceneries and most of the island endemic bird species: Trocaz Pigeon, Madeira Firecrest, Chaffinch, Berthelot's Pipit, Plain Swifts, Spectacled Warbler.
Madeira Birds Complete Checklist Click to Download
Online Price: €80.00 EUR (per person) €40.00EUR (0-11y).
* Book Wind Birds™ online and save time and money.
General Tour Price €85.00EUR applicable for bookings via other sales channels.
- Chance to see 10 of the endemic birds of Madeira and Macaronesia between others
- Get to know the west side of Madeira on a safe and small scaled tour
- Great photo opportunities of birds and landscapes
- SWAROVSKI OPTIK Telescope & Binoculars (shared by group)
- 3 course meal with drinks included on the tour
First we start looking for the Trocaz Pigeon one of Madeira endemic birds, as it is an early waking up bird. For this we go to the North of the Madeira, to a valley surrounded by Laurel Forest and majestic mountains. It is also probable to observe Grey wagtails, Kestrels, Buzzards, Madeira Firecrests and maybe Chaffinches.
Next stop is at a higher place where centenary trees are the perfect habitat for Chaffinches, Robins and Firecrests though we always look for the difficult to spot Woodcocks, Red-legged partridges and Quails.
After observing such interesting species it is already time for lunch which is at sea level. The way towards the restaurant will allow us to see Yellow-legged gulls, Plain swifts, Berthelot's pipits and probably Linnets.
After a nice three course meal we can try some seawatching to spot Shearwaters or Petrels, different species depending on the season.
Again it follows a ride up to the mountain, through the Laurel Forest and then exotic forest and agriculture terrains to get to a wonderful sightseeing spot. This is also an Important Bird Area where one can birdwatch Berthelot's pipits, Canaries, Rock sparrows, Spectacled warblers, Goldfinches and some migrant birds that like to stop here, such as Grey Heron, Golden Plovers, Starlings, Swallows, House Martins...
Last hotspot is at a freshwater pond next to the sea where we look for vagrant waders. Almost sure we will be welcomed by Waxbills, Moorhens, Ducks, Turnstones and Egrets.
Birds seen on this tour (last 14 days) More news at MadeiraBirds.com
- Madeira Firecrest Regulus madeirensis
- Madeiran Chaffinch Fringilla coelebs maderensis
- Grey Wagtail Motacilla cinerea schmitzi
- Kestrel Falco tinnunculus canariensis
- Common Buzzard Buteo buteo
- Atlantic Canary Serinus canaria
- Berthelot's Pipit Anthus berthelotii
- Trocaz Pigeon Columba trocaz
- European Goldfinch Carduelis carduelis
- Plain Swift Apus unicolor
- Whimbrel Numenius phaeopus phaeopus
- Common Sandpiper Actitis hypoleucos
- Ruddy Turnstone Arenaria interpres
- Common Tern Sterna hirundo
- Yellow-legged Gull Larus michahellis
- Common Moorhen Gallinula chloropus
- Eurasian Coot Fulica atra
- Grey Heron Ardea cinerea
- Little Egret Egretta garzetta
- Manx shearwater Puffinus puffinus puffinus
- Cory's Shearwater Calonectris borealis
- Black-crowned Night Heron Nycticorax nycticorax
- Barn Swallow Hirundo rustica
- Dunlin Calidris alpina alpina
- Roseate Tern Sterna dougallii
- Spectacled Warbler Sylvia conspicillata orbitalis
- Eurasian Blackcap Sylvia atricapilla heineken
- Common House Martin Delichon urbicum
- White Wagtail Motacilla alba alba
- Squacco Heron Ardeola ralloides
- Common Linnet Carduelis cannabina guentheri
- Eurasian Teal Anas crecca
Tour days: Wednesday and Saturday
Departure times: 9am
Typical duration: 8 hours
Space: minimum 1, maximum 6
Staff to Guest ratio?: 1:6
Tour Languages: English and Portuguese
Pick up location: Free pick up is available from all Funchal, Caniço and Câmara de Lobos hotels or similar accommodation. Other locations please contact us.
Return details: Tour concludes at original point of pick up.
Friendly advices: A jacket is always useful for the altitude cold, a hat and a bottle of water.
General itinerary dependable on the weather and wildlife.
†Price includes all taxes and fees. No extras are added to the shown price. Payable currency Euros.
Please contact us if you need to book another date, or in a date already fully booked, sometimes guests cancel their bookings.
|Apr 27||Thu||09:00||2 left|
|Apr 29||Sat||09:00||fully booked|
|May 3||Wed||09:00||2 left|
|May 5||Fri||09:00||fully booked|
|May 6||Sat||09:00||2 left|
|May 8||Mon||09:00||fully booked|
|May 10||Wed||09:00||fully booked|
|May 13||Sat||09:00||4 left|
|May 17||Wed||09:00||2 left|
|May 20||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|May 23||Tue||09:00||4 left|
|May 29||Mon||09:00||fully booked|
|May 31||Wed||09:00||3 left|
|Jun 3||Sat||09:00||4 left|
|Jun 5||Mon||09:00||2 left|
|Jun 7||Wed||09:00||fully booked|
|Jun 9||Fri||10:00||4 left|
|Jun 10||Sat||09:00||fully booked|
|Jun 13||Tue||09:00||6 left|
|Jun 14||Wed||09:00||fully booked|
|Jun 17||Sat||09:00||fully booked|
|Jun 21||Wed||09:00||5 left|
|Jun 24||Sat||09:00||fully booked|
|Jun 27||Tue||09:00||fully booked|
|Jul 1||Sat||09:00||fully booked|
|Jul 5||Wed||09:00||fully booked|
|Jul 7||Fri||09:00||4 left|
|Jul 17||Mon||09:00||6 left|
|Jul 19||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Jul 29||Sat||09:00||4 left|
|Aug 2||Wed||09:00||fully booked|
|Aug 5||Sat||09:00||fully booked|
|Aug 9||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Aug 12||Sat||09:00||2 left|
|Aug 16||Wed||09:00||5 left|
|Aug 19||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Aug 21||Mon||09:00||5 left|
|Aug 23||Wed||09:00||fully booked|
|Aug 30||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 2||Sat||09:00||fully booked|
|Sep 6||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 9||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 13||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 16||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 20||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 23||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 27||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 30||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 4||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 7||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 9||Mon||09:00||4 left|
|Oct 11||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 14||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 18||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 21||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 25||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 28||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Nov 1||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Nov 4||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Nov 8||Wed||09:00||fully booked|
|Nov 11||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Nov 15||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Nov 18||Sat||09:00||fully booked|
|Dec 16||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Dec 20||Wed||09:00||5 left|
|Dec 23||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Dec 27||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 3||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 6||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 10||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 13||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 17||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 20||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 24||Wed||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 27||Sat||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 31||Wed||09:00||6 left|