Madeira Wind Birds
Call or email us for all you bookings...
Phone: (+351) 917777441 Email: [email protected]
Madeira Half Day Birdwatching
Birdwatch through the East of Madeira and observe Atlantic Canary, Madeira Firecrest, Berthelot's Pipit and Rock Sparrows when visiting rivermouth and barren habitats
Madeira Birds Checklist Click to Download€30.00 EUR (per person) €15.00EUR (0-11y). * Book Wind Birds™ online and save time and money.
General Tour Price €35.00EUR applicable for bookings via other sales channels.
- Chance to see 5 of the endemic birds of Madeira and Macaronesia between others
- Interesting aspects of geology of Madeira
- Possibility to find rare vagrants to Madeira in river streams
- Short and easy walks on the spots
Meet the Southeast of Madeira where several Madeira endemic bird species and Macaronesia subspecies, enjoy their habitat with a wonderful view. From sea level to up to 120 meters of altitude you will have the chance to observe some migratory birds like egrets, waders and waterfowl, then the endemics, the funny Berthelot's Pipit Anthus berthelotti madeirensis, the shy Rock Sparrow Petronia petronia and the Atlantic Canaries Serinus canaria and Goldfinches Carduelis carduelis parva singing together to celebrate the spectacular sightseeing of the eastern tip of Madeira island, Caniçal.
Going up to a cooler spot the Buzzards Buteo buteo buteo, Kestrels Falco tinuncullus canariensis, Plain and Pallid Swifts Apus sp. will watch you from the blue sky. Reaching the 800 meters of altitude the Madeira Firecrest Regulus madeirensis and the bluish Madeira Chaffinch Fringilla coelebs madeirensis will brighten up your day with the curious Robins Erithacus rubecula rubecula and the hidden Greenfinches Carduelis chloris aurantiiventri at the top of the canopy controlling our moves.
This Madeira birdwatching tour is mainly by van with short walks on the birding hot spots to look and hear for the species. It is ideal for tourist of all ages who like to enjoy sightseeing with some nature details as birds, plants and butterflies.
We started operating this Madeira tour back in 2004 when Wind Birds was founded. Has been analysed and optimised every year and we believe that is the ideal tour to get you introduced to Madeira avifauna.
Birds seen on this tour (last 14 days)
- Madeira Firecrest Regulus madeirensis
- Madeiran Chaffinch Fringilla coelebs maderensis
- Grey Wagtail Motacilla cinerea schmitzi
- Kestrel Falco tinnunculus canariensis
- Common Buzzard Buteo buteo
- Atlantic Canary Serinus canaria
- Berthelot's Pipit Anthus berthelotii
- European Goldfinch Carduelis carduelis
- Plain Swift Apus unicolor
- Sanderling Calidris alba
- Ruddy Shelduck Tadorna ferruginea
- Common Sandpiper Actitis hypoleucos
- Ruddy Turnstone Arenaria interpres
- Yellow-legged Gull Larus michahellis
- Common Moorhen Gallinula chloropus
- Black-headed Gull Chroicocephalus ridibundus
- Tufted Duck Aythya fuligula
- Little Egret Egretta garzetta
- Rock Sparrow Petronia petronia petronia
- Dunlin Calidris alpina alpina
- Eurasian Blackcap Sylvia atricapilla heineken
- Common House Martin Delichon urbicum
- Mallard Anas platyrhynchos
- Eurasian Skylark Alauda arvensis
- American Wigeon Anas americana
- Eurasian Teal Anas crecca
- Sandwich Tern Thalasseus sandvicensis
More news at MadeiraBirds.com
Departure times: 9am
Typical duration: 4 hours
Space: minimum 1, maximum 6
Staff to Guest ratio?: 1:6
Tour Languages: English and Portuguese
Pick up location: Free pick up is available from all Funchal, Caniço, Santa Cruz, Machico and Câmara de Lobos hotels or similar accommodation. Other locations please contact us.
Return details: Tour concludes at original point of pick up.
Friendly advices: A jacket is always useful for the altitude cold, a hat and a bottle of water.
General itinerary dependable on the weather and wildlife.
†Price includes all taxes and fees. No extras are added to the shown price. Payable currency Euros.
Please contact us if you need to book another date, or in a date already fully booked, sometimes guests cancel their bookings.
|Mar 30||Thu||09:00||2 left|
|Apr 6||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Apr 10||Mon||09:00||fully booked|
|Apr 13||Thu||09:00||fully booked|
|Apr 20||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Apr 27||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|May 1||Mon||09:00||5 left|
|May 4||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|May 11||Thu||09:00||fully booked|
|May 18||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|May 18||Thu||16:00||6 left|
|May 27||Sat||14:30||5 left|
|Jun 1||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Jun 15||Thu||09:00||fully booked|
|Jun 22||Thu||09:00||fully booked|
|Jul 6||Thu||09:00||5 left|
|Jul 20||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Aug 3||Thu||09:00||fully booked|
|Aug 10||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Aug 17||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Aug 24||Thu||09:00||fully booked|
|Aug 31||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 7||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 14||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 21||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Sep 28||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 3||Tue||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 12||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 19||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Oct 26||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Nov 2||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Nov 9||Thu||09:00||fully booked|
|Nov 16||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Dec 21||Thu||09:00||5 left|
|Dec 29||Fri||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 4||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 11||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 18||Thu||09:00||6 left|
|Jan 25||Thu||09:00||6 left|